Happy Valentine’s Day from It’s Good To Be The Cook!
This is my first Valentine’s Day as a blogger, so I figured I had to at least make some kind of Love-Day related dessert for you! I picked up a bag of new Cherry M&Ms from Target yesterday so I had to try them out.
I based this recipe off of one I found in a magazine provided by McCormick brand Vanilla Extract. These cookies had not one, not two, but THREE types of chocolate and EXTRA vanilla. They turned out amazing.
3 ¼ cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
¾ teaspoons Salt
1 1/3 cups Butter, softened
1 ¼ cups Sugar
1 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
4 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
2 handfuls Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 handfuls White Chocolate Chips
1 bag Cherry M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 375. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat softened butter and both sugars in a mixer or with a hand mixer on medium speed until it is well combined and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture, continuing to mix on low speed until it is all combined into a dough.
5. With a rubber scraper or heavy plastic spoon (or your hands!) mix the chocolate and white chocolate chips into the cookies.
6. Drop the cookies in large tablespoon mounds onto a parchment paper lined cookie tray. Press three or four M&Ms onto each cookie.
7. Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly browned on the edges but still light in the middle. Cool in the pan for a few minutes before placing them on a cooling rack.
Making the cookies this size allowed for me to make about 20 cookies with one huge one leftover.
They are so good! Eating them warm was heavenly. Not over-cooking cookies is always a challenge of mine and this batch was perfect. Dave’s suggestion to “add more chocolate chips” was also perfect, and the cookies had just the right amount of chocolate to go with the extra vanilla in there!
I hope your Valentine’s Day is as sweet as our cookies!