Green Hummus just wasn’t enough GREEN for this year’s St. Patty’s Day Celebration at Donny’s in Baltimore. I had to make something sweet and have been dying to try out this Six Sisters’ Stuff recipe since I saw it in Pinterest! My Mom and Melissa actually tried it out this weekend while I was away 😦
I wanted to do a Mint-Chocolate Chip version of the recipe. It turned out awesome. The mint-chocolate flavor is perfect and although I wish it were a little more green, it still looks pretty cool.
Mint Chocolate Cake Batter Buddies
Adapted from: Six Sisters’ Stuff Funfetti Cake Batter Buddies
6 cups Assorted Chex Cereal (Rice, Corn, and Wheat)
1 lb (or less) Mint flavored chocolate
Green Food Dye
3/4 cup Chocolate Cake Mix
1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
1. Melt the chocolate using the microwave on MEDIUM/LOW, stopping after every minute to stir. You don’t want to burn it!
2. Once the chocolate is melted, stir in a few drops of color at a time until it reaches the desired green.
3. Measure out the cake mix and sugar because you’ll want to do this fast as the chocolate will begin to harden.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the chex in a giant bowl. Stir carefully to combine until it is well incorporated.
5. Once the chocolate almost covers all of the chex, dump the sugar/cake mix and stir.
6. Refrigerate for best results!
We tried to use mini chocolate chips but they didn’t stick well. They tasted amazing without it though. Yay!!