Okay, so if you’re following me on Facebook and saw this picture this week…
You’re probably pretty excited to see this recipe by now!
Mom made these cookies a few months ago for the first time, but I totally forgot to take pics or write down the recipe… so I had to try to find them again. This recipe is the FIRST one that comes up on google, and there is totally a reason: they are awesome.
They rock for a few reasons:
1. They take under 15 minutes to make
2. They are less than 130 calories a piece
3. You probably already have all of the ingredients at home
4. They’re addictively delicious
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Recipe based on: Food Network
Makes: 24-30 cookies (I halved their recipe)
1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 Tablespoon vanilla
1.5 cups oatmeal
1 handful Salted Peanuts
Waxed paper or Silpat
1. In a saucepan, boil the sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk. Keep an eye on it, you don’t want the sugar to burn. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla, peanuts, and oatmeal.
2. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by Tablespoon, until cooled and hardened. Or you can make them smaller for an even cuter, lower calorie little bite-sized snack!