Not too long ago in mid-August, Dave, Adam and I took a walk down South Street over to the Night Market. The Night Market is a street food festival in Philly sponsored by The Food Trust, featuring the best food trucks and restaurants in Philly. The goal is to “celebrate up-and-coming neighborhoods and showcase Philadelphia’s diverse food and drinks and vibrant arts and culture scene”. Sounds like a good time to me!
With so many booths and trucks to visit, the three of us (along with some of our other regulars- Mike and Mer) decided to grab one item from the trucks with the shortest lines and share everything in order to try as many things as possible! We ended up doing really well and left VERY FULL of delicious Philly food. Here we go:
1. Bloody Mary with Old Bay Vodka
2. Homemade Gnocchi, Mamma Maria’s
3. Black Garlic Wings, Cheu Noodle Bar
4. Sausage Cheesesteak on a Pretzel Roll, Alla Spina
5. Hard Cider, Frecon’s Cidery
6. Roast Pork Sandwich, Esposito’s Porchetta
7. BBQ Chicken & Cheddar Egg Roll, Foo Truck
8. Braised Meatball Wrap, Foo Truck
9. Pizza, Nomad Pizza
10. Coconut Hibiscus Popsicle, Lil’ Pop Shop
WHEW! Okay, now time to drool!
The boys waiting in line 🙂
Gorgeous night at the Night Market! Look at the crowd, soooo many people!