“light” Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
I am super excited to share this recipe with you- NOT just because it’s amazing and delicious and awesome. But mostly because this is the first recipe that I was able to use my brand spankin’ new KITCHENAID STAND MIXER!!! Can you believe I got it already?! What an unbelievable gift from our wonderful family friend Cheryl. I finally picked a first recipe for it, and it was awesome. YAY!
Now, it’s time to share this super sweet but “light” zucchini bread recipe! If you cut the bread into 16 slices, each slice should only cost you about 160 calories. It’s delish!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Unsweetened, All-Natural Apple Sauce
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the sugar, eggs, and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer on low until well blended. Add applesauce and continue to stir on low until it is well combined.
- Lightly spoon the flour into measuring cups, leveling with a knife. In a separate bowl, combine the measured flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and stir well with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating just until moist. With a rubber scraper or wooden spoon, stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Put the batter into a 9×5 inch loaf pan prepared with cooking spray. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until it passes the toothpick test. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pan to cool completely before slicing.
Recipe slightly adapted from: Cooking Light, 2004
You might also like some of these other quick breads I’ve made! Check them out…